Beijing to Moscow on an opulent cruise ship on wheels is the ultimate rail journey.
Retracing one of the most important trading routes of ancient civilization, the Silk Road follows in the footsteps of such legendary figures as Alexander the Great and Marco Polo.
For centuries, merchants and adventurers journeyed to and from China on ancient routes through some of the most testing landscapes in the world trading silk, spices and perfumes. These ‘highways’ – stretching some 4,000 miles (6,400 km) – collectively came to be called the ‘Silk Road’.
need to Know
- Imperial Suite, with butler service
- Gold and Silver Class accommodations, all with en-suite baths
- The train has two dining cars and a lounge car
- Trans-Siberian route between Moscow and Vladivostok, as well as making special tours of the Silk Road, Russia’s Arctic and the Crimea
- Offers “Freedom of Choice” touring includes hiking, cooking classes
- Off train excursions
- Leave from Moscow, arrive 21 days later in Beijing
To book a trip or learn more about the Golden Eagle: http://www.goldeneagleluxurytrains.com/journeys/silk-road/